[Xen-devel] about probing xenbus drivers again

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anton Korenyushkin <tiger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:40:53 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:38:01 +0000

Hi,

I have written backend end frontend drivers. They register themself on
initialization and wait for xen to invoke it's probe function, which contains
only one printk. Backend is compiled into dom0 kernel, frontend into both
kernels.

When i start xend in dom0 nothing happens. Then i use xm create to create
domain 1. Probe functions of vbd and vif drivers are executed but probe
function of my driver isn't. Then i try to create some nodes (name of my
driver is prmigr):

xenstore-write /local/domain/0/device/prmigr hi
xenstore-write /local/domain/0/device/prmigr/hello hi

And i see that frontend's probe function is invoked.
The same happens with 1-st domain. But when i try:

xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/prmigr hi
xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/prmigr/hello hi

Nothing happens.

So, please, explain me
1) why there are nodes vbd and vif in devices and backend directories but
there isn't prmigr node? vbd and vif driver invoke xenbus_register_driver or
xenbus_register_backend like my driver does. How to make xen to create prmigr
node while initialization?
2)why writing to the backend/prmigr node doesn't affect to the xen and
appropriate probe function isn't executed?

Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
Anton Korenyushkin