[Xen-devel] How to build working Linux (full/!sparse) xen kernel?

Hi,

Are builds of Linux 2.6.12 or 2.6.12.6 + xen patch known to be working (with xen-patches created with mkpatches from unstable at various stages over last few days)?

Also, are /all/ the patches in the patches/ directory are required? Building without any applied causes compile failures.

It takes many hours to build a fresh set of kernel-xen RPMs, so binary searches to see which patchsets work and which don't are a drawn-out affair.

FWIW, the xen-unstable snapshots work for me. But I want ACPI powermanagement support, hence have to build my own kernel, and so thought I might as well try with a stock linux kernel. (Should I use linux-xen-sparse instead? Does it support ACPI cpufreq?)

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul@xxxxxxxx   paul@xxxxxxxxx  Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: