Re: [Xen-devel] Re: USB virt status

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 10:32 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> All that's being done is the simplest possible bug fixing and
> refactoring to get stable drivers for a 3.0.0 release asap. xenidc is
> possibly a suitable alternative for future releases, after we have had
> time to look at it, integrate it with all the split drivers, and fix
> bug fallout. Given the size and complexity of the patch, I think it
> would be very high risk to commit to doing that in the next couple of
> weeks.

Good. This seems entirely reasonable to me.

So I'll release the USB driver against xenidc as an example and document
and break down the xenidc patch (and run it through a reformatter) so it
can be reviewed.

If you like xenidc you can keep it, if not I can factor out the code
later.  Easy come, easy go :-)

Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>