Re: [Xen-devel] DMA trouble with current xen-sparse

On 8 Nov 2005, at 06:41, Daniel Veillard wrote:

I just tried to build it; it would not boot.  That was building the
2.6.12 xen-sparse w/ gcc4; retrying with gcc32 now.

But I suspect that the problem is CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG. That sets up slab
redzoning which checks for buffer overruns.  One consequence is that

  Just to confirm that CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG is the one exposing the issue.
I recompiled the exact same kernel with just that option turned off
and the tg3 driver does not seems to hang anymore.

This is now fixed in our tree (changeset 7700:98bcd8fbd5e3). Should get pushed to the public repository in an hour or two...

 -- Keir