RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Please pull xen-ia64-unstable

>From: Keir Fraser
>Okay, pulled through. I noticed that the event-channel interfaces still
>cause problems (bind_virq_to_irq in particular). I've had another go at
>rationalising the binding interface in light of this, so you now need
>to implement:
>  bind_evtchn_to_irq --- same as it ever was
>  bind_virq_to_irqhandler --- replaces bind_virq_to_irq
>  bind_ipi_to_irqhandler --- replaces bind_ipi_to_irq
>  unbind_from_irqhandler --- common unbind function that replaces
>unbind_evtchn_from_irqhandler, unbind_virq_from_irq and
>unbind_ipi_from_irq
>
>This interface eliminates all evtchn-related ia64 ifdefs in common
code.

>  -- Keir

Keir, thanks for your change on that which does clear things a lot for
us. On IA64, there's no callback implemented and all the events are
bound to single physical irq vector. In that case, evtchn equals to
'irq' and bind_evtchn_to_irq can simply return evtchn directly for IA64.
So it's good to see above new interfaces hiding evtchn<->irq
relationship behind.

Thanks,
Kevin