Re: [Xen-devel] can't start domU

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 11:19:12AM -0600, Steve Dobbelstein wrote:

> I'm not sure how to tell if /sbin/udevsend binary gets run.

mv /sbin/udevsend{,.real}
cat >/sbin/udevsend
#!/bin/sh
echo "udevsend running" >>/var/log/udev.log
exec /sbin/udevsend.real
^D

ought to do it.  I think that it's clear that the whole hotplug subsystem isn't
running in your case, so I wouldn't worry about it.

> [root@gir scripts]# PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python python
> /usr/lib/python/xen/util/diagnose.py 4
> Domain ID is 4.
> Domain name is dom1.
> Found 1 device classes in use.
> Found 2 vbd devices.
> Found device vbd, 2049.
> Backend is in state Connected.
> Frontend is in state Connected.
> Device vbd, 2049 hotplugging has completed successfully, and is connected
> to physical device 0xfd01.
> Found device vbd, 2050.
> Backend is in state Connected.
> Frontend is in state Connected.
> Device vbd, 2050 hotplugging has completed successfully, and is connected
> to physical device 0xfd00.

This suggests that the tools have not even got as far as trying to create a
vif for you.  Are you getting the "Device 0 (vif) could not be connected.
Hotplug scripts not working." message, same as Charles Coffing?  That really
would be very curious.  In any case, your config file ought to be causing Xend
to at least try to create a vif.  I will need to see your /var/log/xend.log to
pin this down, and if you can get a xenstore trace, that will be useful too.

Cheers,

Ewan.