Re: [Xen-devel] unexpected results with xc_domain_get_vcpu_context

On 2 Dec 2005, at 16:42, Bryan D. Payne wrote:

I'm getting some unexpected results with xc_domain_get_vcpu_context. Basically, I've written a simple application in domain 0 to view the vcpu for another domain. However, each time that I call xc_domain_get_vcpu_context, the value for eip is the same. Is this expected behavior? I would have expected eip to be changing continuously as the machine runs. Or does this function not give me the "live" values?

If the vcpu is idle, you will continually get the address following the 'block' hypercall in the guest kernel's idle loop.

 -- Keir