[Xen-devel] Re: VMX status report Dec. 12 changset 8320

"Shi, Kuiliang" <kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We focus on Linux VMM guest testing, but we also test Windows guest. As I
> said before, we did not test window guest
> recently just because there have some bugs in window guest. we are not going
> to recover the test case until they are fixed.
>
> - Running 2 windows XP domains on same processor may cause 2nd XP to blue
> screen
> - Running windows XP domain on same processor as Dom0 may cause the windows
> domain to blue screen.

More interesting running the Win XP installer with lapic = 1 acpi = 0 kills
domain 0
(still pingable but user space dead) - and with lapic = 0 the guest just hangs
with current Xen
eating all CPU but making no progress.

Also there seem to be some issues running with multiple native guests. e.g. I
found
that Linux X wouldn't start until another native guest in graphical mode was
quit.

-Andi