Re: [Xen-devel] Weekly Samba & Mysql stress testing

Rick Gonzalez wrote:

smb_lookup: find d3a9XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/d3f1 failed, error=-36

NOTE: this message is coming from smbfs and not from Samba.

Hi Rick,

Please don't use smbfs. It's deprecated and horribly broken. Noone is fixing bugs in it anymore either. It's left in the kernel only for compatibility with very old SMB servers (NT4). cifsfs is the replacement for it and has been in the 2.6 for quite a while now.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

- This message is generated on the Client system(wherever you are
running fsstress from). I ran domU to domU, and dom0 to domU and on
distro kernel and I get the error on all setups.
- I will open a bug after I analyze the problem further.

* Results:

- Please let me know if you would like to see the results.