Re: [Xen-devel] Xen error report (as requested)

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 08:42:30AM -0500, Kyler Laird wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:05:33PM +0000, Ewan Mellor wrote:
>
> > > This is with changeset 8365.  I was checking "xm info" because I
> > > couldn't start a domU.  ("Error: Error creating domain:
> > > 'free_memory'.)
> >
> > At a guess, I'd say that you had updated your Python scripts, but not the
> > extensions (written in C, and installed in /usr/lib/python/xen/lowlevel).
> > Could you check that everything's been built and installed cleanly?
>
> A mismatch was my first thought too.  I've gotten fairly good at
> clearing out all of the old files though.  (I've been banging on this
> for awhile.  strace and I are buddies.)
>
> > Otherwise, what platform are you on?
>
> This is a dual Xeon system running in 64-bit mode.
>
> I finally discovered that this error only seems to happen with recent
> unstable changesets.  I switched to testing (8256) and did not have this
> problem.

Could you run xen-bugtool then, and please post your logs so I can have a look
around.  It might fail, since yours is quite a low level problem, in which
case please send /var/log/{xend,xend-debug}.log at the least, but hopefully it
will be able to run and create a tarball of stuff for you to send.

Thanks,

Ewan.