Re: [Xen-devel] pfn_pte/pfn_pmd

Apparently it's not, as the translation is done in __pte (and not in
__pte_ma); I was just getting confused by the two different mechanisms
use for non-PAE and PAE, which, while merging, I'd like to get to use as
much unconditional code as possible.

I still wonder, however, whether the BUG()/panic() in PAE's pfn_pmd()
couldn't be removed...

Jan

>>> "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> 21.12.05 11:44:31 >>>
Isn't it a bug to have pfn_pte be defined identically as pfn_pte_ma in
i386's pgtable-2level.h? Shouldn't this rather be done the same as in
pgtable-3level.h?

Similarly for pfn_pmd (which BUG()-s in pgtable-3level.h)...

Thanks, Jan