Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64's __PAGE_OFFSET

On 9 Jan 2006, at 09:39, Jan Beulich wrote:

To make this dependency more clear, I'd like to change Xen's definition
to use HYPERVISOR_VIRT_END then. While at present no assembly file (that xenolinux uses) actually needs this value, I'd still like to provide for
using this value in assembly files. For that reason, the definition in
xen/include/public/arch-x86_64.h would need to be split into an
__ASSEMBLY__ and a C variant. However, while looking at that I found
that there are multiple definitions of HYPERVISOR_VIRT_{START,END}, and
I wonder whether these shouldn't be consolidated into a single one, or
if that is absolutely impossible, whether at least some compile-time
asserts should be added that make sure these don't get out of sync.

Okay, I'll make the necessary changes to allow the definitions' use in assembly files.

 -- Keir