Re: Linux 2.6 guest BUG(). (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Fix VCPU locking in sched_adjdom for multi-VCPU guests)

On 1 Feb 2006, at 16:08, Matt Ayres wrote:

I can provide dozens of BUG()'s if required. It just happened again on a host in dom0 to the sshd daemon and now that port is locked (netstat -nlp reports "-" as the process name). I am able to access the server via the console.

I assume you mean Xen's memory usage. I am showing 141MB free out of 8112MB total. Our scripts to add accounts don't allow adding more accounts then there is memory for, we actually leave about 128MB as a buffer.

That's a bit odd then. If you don't explicitly specify dom0's memory allocation at boot time then you should end up with 128MB 'slack' left unallocated. And that should all be <4GB.

If you are giving dom0 all of memory on boot, and then reducing it later, that could be a problem (dom0 may end up giving back only memory >4GB).

 -- Keir