[Xen-devel] [BUNDLE] Testing a simpler inter-domain transport

Hi all,

        I've finally found time to resurrect my "share" code, update it for Xen
3.0 and (with Tony Breeds' help) created a simple LAN driver.  You can
find the bundle here:

        http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/xen/xen-share-2006-02-05.hg

It's unoptimized, but shows some promise.  Here are the benchmarks for
tcpblast and tbench, on a uniproc 3GHz Pentium 4.  I'd appreciate SMP
numbers if someone has hardware on hand:

        UDP blast: tcpblast -u -s50000 dom0 9999
          Current Xen = 254961 KB/s
          Simple share = 233952 KB/s
        TCP blast: tcpblast -t -s50000 dom0 9999
          Current Xen = 86566.4 KB/s
          Simple share = 135415 KB/s
        Bidir tcp load: tbench 10
          Current Xen = 31.9551 MB/sec
          Simple share = 64.2113 MB/sec

It's not plumbed into xenbus, so creating LANs is a manual process,
using the dmesg output from the initial creation:

        dom0# modprobe ohlan create
        ohlan: created lan eth1 at address 0x1b6000
        domU# modprobe ohlan address=0x1b6000

Feedback welcome!
Rusty.
--