Re: [Xen-devel] A migration framework for external devices

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:10:17AM -0500, Mike D. Day wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >  So how do you plan to glue the XML and the other parts together ?
>
> One way is to have two channels (like ftp). Have an xml session channel

  Urgh, way more complex, you start hitting synchronization problems
requiring more round trips etc ... Maybe the convenience still makes
sense though.

> and a tcp data channel. That gives the benefits of xml-rpc for
> triggering events and invoking plugins. You could use xml-rpc to
> negotiate the port for the migration data transfer, for example. Then
> use the data channel (scp/tcp) for the migration.
>
> I'm not convinced this approach is better than starting from scratch tho.

  I can't tell :-) I was just raising a problem which could happen in
the proposal, I still have much to read/learn on the current state...

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/