[Xen-devel] Make mkpatches fails in tip of xen-unstable; solution suggested

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Matt Saunders" <msaunders@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:17:02 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:30:36 +0000

Hello,

I hope that this is an appropriate for this list - please educate me if
not.

Having cloned the unstable repository and attempted to run

"make mkpatches"

I found that it failed because it couldn't download
linux.2.6.16-rc4.tar.bz2 from kernel.org.

This is because it's looking for it in /pub/linux/kernel/v2.6 when in
fact it is to be found in /pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/.

I resolved this by editing [my hg repo]/buildconfigs/Rules.mk circa line
35, and adding /testing/ to the wget invocation.  That worked, and I've
now got the patches I wanted.  Perhaps someone with commit rights can
make this change in the official repository? Or have I misunderstood
something fundamental...?

(Incidentally, I'm researching Xen to use in a rebuild of our testing
and staging platforms; desired combination of xen plus OCFS2, introduced
in one of the .16 prepatches, is what leads me to using xen-unstable.
It's early days but I'm very impressed so far)

Thanks,

Matt S.

--
+ --------- PlusNet - The Smarter Way to Broadband ---------+