RE: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen-HVM Builds: cs9226

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 17:24 +0800, Yu, Ping Y wrote:
> For xm-test result, I have report 02_network_local_ping_pos to bugzilla as
> #572,
> and the other failure is caused by using one image file to start multiple
> VMXs,
> which basically is not allowable.
> I have a suggestion, could xm-test modify the name "domU" to a general term in
> test case, for currently xm-test supports both domU and hvm?

The network ping tests that fail with the specific packet size are a
known issue and non-HVM related. So, I don't think we need another bug
to track it.

Using the single disk image for multiple concurrent domains currently
isn't an issue, we aren't writing to the disk image. You are right,
however, that this needs to change if we're to support new tests like
block-attach and io tests where we need to write to the image.

I think Dan Smith had a good suggestion of using device-mapper to create
disk images for xm-test HVM domains. Device-mapper will let us create a
single boot image and then let us attach writable private disks to HVM
domains. It will also let us get rid of lilo for grub and make things
neater.

This is on my list of todos - although I don't know when I'll get to it.
I'm currently working with networking infrastructure and tests. If you'd
like to do the device-mapper addition, that would be great.

Thanks,

Dan