[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] bug # 477

On 30 Mar 2006, at 09:57, Keir Fraser wrote:

I bet this behaviour is due to two problems.
1. The daemon is probably looking for console data before it clears the event fd. So if no data available then the fd doesn't get cleared and the select() doesn't block next time round. 2. I think we still have a stupid scheduler default for domain0 where it gets all the CPU it wants and can starve out domUs. So once xenconsoled starts spinning, that's it for you if the domain it's spinning on is supposed to run on the same CPU.

I'll look at fixing both of these.

Actually the first issue was a bit different to what I describe above, but it's now fixed in changeset 9475.

The second issue is a bug in the SEDF scheduler I think. It's supposed to be guaranteed 75% of the CPU, plus share the remaining 25% with other domains in a 'fair' way. But it seems that domains that are given a real-time guarantee plus extratime basically get strict preference when allocating extratime. I haven't looked at fixing this -- it would be great is someone else wants to take a look.

 -- Keir

Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.