[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Define Xen interface version for tools build.

On 6 Apr 2006, at 06:54, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

 X11_LDPATH = -L/usr/X11R6/$(LIBDIR)
+
+CFLAGS += -D__XEN_INTERFACE_VERSION__=0x00030101

This is now another place you have to remember to change the version
string. Can we stick it in its own file with nothing else and have
other users include it?

Where would you place it such that it's guaranteed to be included everywhere?

One option is to define as 0xFFFFFFFF and have xen-compat.h rewrite that to __XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__. Then we'd never need to update the tools version as it would always get the latest interface.

 -- Keir