Re: [Xen-devel] No CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO on x86_64 Xen; why not?

On 6 Apr 2006, at 01:17, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

neither of which are particularly helpful.  I've just completed a build
with this change reverted and -g enabled and it built fine (although I'm
remote from the box right now so can't boot it yet); and gdb on the
vmlinux shows symbolic info is present.

Anyone remember, or object to reenabling CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO?

Well, it builds and boots fine, and we leave it disabled by default anyway, so I'll remove our patch to Kconfig.debug. I think maybe there was a problem with our port of debug code in entry-xen.S, but I see that file forcibly disables CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO when it builds, which is probably the better 'fix' for the time being.

 -- Keir