Re: [Xen-devel] No CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO on x86_64 Xen; why not?

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:51:06AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> >Anyone remember, or object to reenabling CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO?
>
> Well, it builds and boots fine, and we leave it disabled by default
> anyway, so I'll remove our patch to Kconfig.debug. I think maybe there
> was a problem with our port of debug code in entry-xen.S, but I see
> that file forcibly disables CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO when it builds, which is
> probably the better 'fix' for the time being.

Right, entry-xen.S has problems --- it's broken even with the
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO disable, as setting the new CONFIG_UNWIND_INFO
option still breaks it again.  But that's just as easy to disable as a
temporary workaround.  (I'd still like to find out why CFI is breaking
on Xen with those options disabled, though.)

--Stephen