Re: [Xen-devel] Does dom0 see all physical processors? (RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] SAL INFO virtualization)

* Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx> [2006-04-07
01:43]:
> I understand and sympathize with the need for dom0 to
> sometimes get and use information from each processor
> that is only available if dom0 is running on each processor.
>
> However, AFAIK, SMP guests are always gang-scheduled, correct?

I don't believe either the bvt or sedf scheduler in Xen provide any gang
scheduling support.  Each physical cpu has its own runqueue and it
schedules VCPUs independently.  The scheduling parameters are set on a
per-domain basis but end up being the same for each VCPU.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx