Re: [Xen-devel] [patch-resend] take a bite out of xen-mkbuildtree-pre

Keir Fraser wrote:  [Wed May 31 2006, 02:49:48AM EDT]
> Lots of new config variables -- are they all really needed?

Not really lots... these are the new ones:

    XEN_UTIL

...doesn't work if XEN_IA64_DOM0_VP

    XEN_BALLOON
    XEN_CHAR
    XEN_SKBUFF
    XEN_REBOOT
    XEN_SMPBOOT

...don't work unless XEN_IA64_DOM0_VP

We could use bigger hammers by handling them all with 2 variables, but
IMHO that's just setting them up to be separated in the future when
the situation changes, a new architecture is ported, etc.

Do you think there's a better way?

> Can ia64 not use the Xenified /dev/mem (ia64 and x86 both seem to use
> direct_remap_pfn_range for various things now)?

I'm a little confused how this relates to the patch...

> Referring to xenia64_init.c from a generic Kconfig file is odd.
> Can we pull the event-channel merge before taking this patch and avoid
> the kludge to pull in the ia64-specific evtchn code?

I'd like that.  Alex, what do you think?

Aron