[Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.2 driver domain bridging supported?

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Wei, Jinpeng" <jinpeng.wei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:54:46 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:55:33 -0700

Hi,

I am setting up a driver domain (NOT domain 0) under xen 3.0.2. The device that I assigned to this special driver domain is an Ethernet card. The assignment works well, which means that the driver domain really owns that NIC, and the NIC does not show up in domain 0. However, in order to share this NIC with other domains, currently I have to connect the driver domain to xenbr0 in domain 0. Is there any way that I can directly bring up a bridge in this driver domain (NOT domain 0) and have other domains connect to it (that is, bypassing domain 0)? I have tried for a while but it does not work for me.

In my configuration file for the driver domain, I set netif="yes" and there is NO vif= line. Furthermore after the driver domain is up, I use /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr1

to create a bridge in the driver domain.

In the configuration file for a normal guest domain, I set "vif = [ 'backend=1', ‘bridge=xenbr1’ ]". Here domain 1 is the driver domain.

Thank you very much!

Jinpeng