Re: [Xen-devel] current hg unstable tree: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o: In function `safe_halt': undefined reference to `rcu_needs_cpu'

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juni 2006 12:26 schrieben Sie:
> I was worried that I had broken a standard part of the xen build process
> when I submitted my patch but I think you are doing something that is
> not supported.
>
> The long-term solution to your problem is clearly to complete the
> upstream merge of the xen patches with mainstream Linux.
>
> There are some issues with making it easier for people to try to use
> non-default kernels.  It's going to make recreating bugs harder and
> may cause some spurious problems when patches apply cleanly but are
> incompatible with the chosen kernel.

So using the latest 2.6.16.x kernel isnt actually supported?

Or is that supported, but using a 2.6.17.x kernel wouldn't be supported?

Johnny