Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Help please: bug#625 SCSI disk conflicts with blkfront---best approach for fix?

KF> The bestest fix would be to hook into the SCSI subsystem as a SCSI
KF> low-level driver, and (possibly, if necessary) extend our block
KF> protocol to cope as necessary. :-)

That sounds cool, but I wonder about whether or not it's necessary.
Presumably for an existing legacy distro (like FC4), all that is
needed for xvd support are some udev rules, is that right?  In that
case, why not just standardize on xvd for new distros and install some
udev rules for legacy distros?

Is there another benefit to having a low-level SCSI driver that I'm
missing?~

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center