Re: [Xen-devel] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Mahmoud Elhaddad" <m.elhaddad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:39:16 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:39:41 -0700

Thank you Natasha and Steve. I rebuilt using the latest changeset and aplied the patch. The patch did work...the SLES guest now boots but freezes while ReiserFS is "checking the transaction log".
It's not clear to me if it's another  problem with qemu.
The qemu.*.log now looks like this:
domid: 3
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
shared page at pfn:3ffff, mfn: 1d7e19
char device redirected to /dev/pts/2
Issued domain 3 poweroff

Thanks,
 -Mahmoud

On 7/27/06, Steve Dobbelstein < steved@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
natasha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/27/2006 09:48:34 AM:

> Mahmoud,
>
> Often times this message occurs with hvm domains because qemu-dm
> does not start properly.  The file /var/log/qemu-dm.*.log is created
> when you try to start an hvm domain.  It should provide at least
> a hint to what the problem is.
>
> Also, a lot of qemu changes have been checked in recently.  You may
> want to update to a more recent changeset.
>
> Natasha

Mahmoud,

I saw the same message when my qemu-dm died.  I debugged it down to find it
was caused by an unitialized variable.  I posted a patch.  (
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-07/msg00850.html)
You might try it to see if you are running into the same problem.  My patch
is a little over zealous in initializing variables, but that shouldn't
hurt.  Christian Limpach said he will apply a subset of the patch (
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-07/msg00899.html ).
It hasn't hit the xen-unstable tree yet, but it should be coming soon.

Steve D.