Re: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains

> When I'm trying to start windows as VMX guest (with no drivers, of
> course) under this patch, the guests fail. I ran with three images,
> windows 2000, XP and 2003.

> For 2000 and XP, QEMU windows do not show, there are two lines in the serial
> output:
>       (XEN) Create event channels for vcpu 0.
>       (XEN) Send on unbound Xen event channel?
Is there anything interesting in /var/log/qemu-dm.* ?  Only the most
recent log file is relevant (which isn't necessarily the one with the
highest number, unfortunately).

Also, it looks like this is crashing too soon for it to be related to
what guest you're running.  Are all of the disk images the same type
(file vs. block device) and size?

> For 2003 guest, QEMU can start, but before the windows start screen
>shows, it crashes and restarts, complaining about unreasonable mmio
>opcodes. The serial output is:
>
>       (XEN) (GUEST: 1) unsupported PCI BIOS function 0x0E
>       (XEN) (GUEST: 1) int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for
> ELDL=82
>       (XEN) 0, This opcode isn't handled yet!
>       (XEN) handle_mmio: failed to decode instruction
>       (XEN) mmio opcode: va 0xf821f600, gpa 0xa9600, len 2: 00 00
>       (XEN) domain_crash_sync called from platform.c:880
This looks like a problem with hvm_copy.  Is this a PAE hypervisor?

> Meanwhile, I don't experience any problems for Linux guest. Do you
> have any ideas why this happens?
Some kind of race would be my first guess.

Steven.