[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] PCI backend and slot functions

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 16:30 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Le Mercredi 02 AoÃt 2006 16:15, Alex Williamson a Ãcrit :
> >    Yes, I think so.  The ia64 PCI discovery appears to more closely
> > follow the PCI spec.  Both multi-function and single-function PCI
> > devices must have configuration space at function 0.  I would guess x86
> > may probe all functions to deal with old, buggy hardware.
> Ok.
>
> Could we virtualize functions as slots (ie two functions appear as two slots)?
> Doing something more clever seems not that easy!

   Seems like a good start to me.  I can't guarantee some drivers won't
get confused by this, but its probably a good mechanism to verify that
each function could be exported to a domain and still remain functional.
Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.