RE: [Patch][RFC] Support "xm dump" (is Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch]Enable "sysrq c" handler for domU coredump)

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:45:05 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 07:45:36 -0700

Two things:

1. I'm not convinced 'xm crash' is needed - 'xm destroy' will do this
(and if you want
   a dump, do 'xm dump' followed by 'xm destroy')

2. I don't see the point of the --noreboot option on 'xm dump' -- I
think this command
   should simply live-dump the specified domain - as above you can use
other commands
   to cause the domain to restart afterwards.

3. There's no need to pause the domain to dump it - I actually wrote a
little utility
   to live dump a guest (based on xenconsoled and attached) and it seems
to work
   quite nicely! This could easily be morphed into the 'xm dump' command
- it just
   didn't occur to me at the time!

Simon