Re: [Xen-devel] Xen API/libvirt & Remote

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:14:05AM -0700, John Anderson wrote:
> Authentication would have been my next question had I discovered that
> remote access was possible and widely used, but since there is no
> authentication mechanism, I agree that opening the http port is a bad
> thing.
>
> I think I've found a solution.  I've wrapped the libvirt calls I need
> with gSOAP using SSL certificate authentication.   It seems to be
> working for me and secure.

Could you elaborate a little on how you implemented this ? Did it
involve changes to libvirt or xend code to support it ? If its a
solution which other people would benefit from I'd like to see if
we could incorporate any neccessary changes in libvirt, or at least
document it as one of the deployment scenarios.

Regards,
Dan.