Re: [Xen-devel] blocking Xen 3.X production use: soft lockup bugs

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 14:45 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 5/8/06 12:59 pm, "Harry Butterworth"
> <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Another data point: Yesterday I was working with an unstable changeset
> > from the morning (I think about halfway through the qemu patches) and
> > running HVM xm-test to try to debug the create-concurrent failures.
> > qemu_dm was taking 100% of one core and I got about 6 soft lockups in
> > dom0 and 2 dom0 hangs.
> >
> > I'm not sure exactly why HVM testing is all over the floor for me, maybe
> > I picked a bad changeset or perhaps the recent ubuntu updates have
> > broken something.
> >
> > It's possible that there are still some lurking soft lockup issues
> > anyway.
>
> Well, I believe the issues are sorted out for paravirtualised guests at
> least. Maybe there are lurkers for HVM guests -- if so, and they're of the
> scale of hangs and softlockups, we'd really like detailed info so we could
> try to repro.

I'll post the changeset and any more details I can when I get back into
work on Monday but dd was segfaulting for me due to a locale issue after
the ubuntu update so I don't really have a lot of confidence that it's
even a xen problem yet.

Harry.