[Xen-devel] PATCH [resend]: improved perfcounter framework

Hi,

I resend two patches for perfcounters.

xen-nperfc4.diffs provides hooks.  This is the same as previously posted, here
is the comment:

[I'd like to use the perfc API to report counters not easily countable (such
as the number of valid entries in a table.  Counting it on the fly may be
very costly).
These hooks provide the basic infrastructure for that.
(empty hooks added for ia64 and powerpc, x86 hooks call ptwr_eip_stat_XX)]

xen-nperfc5.diffs removes array bounds constraint.  It is a simplified version
of the previously posted patch.  The comment was:

[the current dom0_perfcounter hypercall has a limit on the number of values
per counter (64).  On ia64 we'd like to use arrays bigger than this limit.
This patch removes this hard-limit: perfcounter descriptors and values are now
passed by two distinct buffers.

This break the API compatibility.  However because DOM0_PERFCCONTROL is used
only by xenperf and only by developpers the patch didn't change
DOM0_INTERFACE_VERSION.]

Tested on ia64.
Tristan.