RE: [Xen-devel] Problem with config file

Can you please explain just a little bit more about what you're trying
to do?

Is your "helloworld.gz" a "kernel" (loosely termed)? If not, skip down
to the next section.

First of all, if you're loading a kernel that isn't a para-virtual OS,
the only way you can do this would be as a HVM (fully virtualized,
requiring AMD SVM/Intel VT support in the processor). There are a couple
of different ways to achieve this (two obvious ones: Either replace
hvmloader with your binary, which is fine if you just want to have a
clean virtual machine with basic hardware "at reset", or as a bootable
disk image (ISO, Hard disk or floppy image) that gets booted by the BIOS
- in this state you have text-mode VGA screen and all the
IDE/Floppy/CDROM initialized enough to both use BIOS calls and direct
hardware access). Neither of these forms, by the way, would want a
"gzip" format for easy workings - you could of course write a loader
that boots according to one of the two above mentioned methods and then
uncompresses the gzip file you have "attached to it".

If you haven't got a kernel, you would want to load a kernel of some
sort, which you can get by looking at the /etc/xen/xmexample* files.
Then you need to connect to the virtual machine and copy your executable
file over from wherever it lives to the virtual machine, and execute it
- just the same way you'd execute the same file on the Dom0.

--
Mats