RE: [Xen-devel] How Xen handles Dom1 interrupts?

[snip]
> >         obj-y := $(call cherrypickxen, $(obj-y))
> >
> > at the end of the Makefile will rewrite foo.o as foo-xen.o
> if there is a
> > foo-xen.c or foo-xen.S available. The function is defined in
> > scripts/Makefile.xen
>
> Interesting! Would you tell me why we need that trick?
>
> In that case, we can empty file traps-xen.c, no? Because according to
> your mention, only the filename (and its existence) matters, but not
> its content.

I may be wrong here, but I think what is meant is not that it replaces
foo.o with foo-xen.o by renaming foo.o in the filesystem, but rather
that the file listed in the variable obj is renamed, and thus it wants
to build foo-xen.o instead of foo.o, and use it for linking. To build
foo-xen.o, you'd obviously need a foo-xen.[cS] file as a source-file...

I gues Christian (or someone else who actually knows how it works) can
either confirm this, or tell us how it works.

--
Mats