Re: [Xen-devel] Increasing Xen Heap on IA32?

I am working on a research project that is based around Xen and I am
running into memory constraints with the default 10 MB heap size.  I
have tried increasing directmap_mbytes in asm/config.h as well as
increasing the size of the Xen virtual address space and changing the
segment descriptors.  However, this results in an unknown interrupt
message on boot after the message "Using APIC driver default".

There must be something else that I need to change to get this to work.
I'm assuming that the unknown interrupt is caused by either a page fault
exception or a segment violation.

Any ideas?

Use x86/64? :-) On i386 the heap size is constrained by available virtual
address space. So it can't easily be increased.

I noticed that it isn't easy to do...  Are there any games that I can play that might let me squeeze some more address space out of x86?  I thought that maybe I could something with PAE, since Xen uses a greater portion of the address space on that, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Jesse