[Xen-devel] [POWERPC/IA64] Updates required due to loader changes

Hi guys,

I have made a change to xen-unstable which introduce the use of ELF
notes for passing Xen specific information from the kernel to the domain
builder, this is a replacement for the __xen_guest section string which
stood no chance of being accepted by Linux upstream. I think it's a much
nicer interface in its own right as well.

The domU builder retains support for the __xen_guest stuff for backward
compatibility however the dom0 builder now only supports the ELF notes.
I don't think either of you were using actually __xen_guest stuff anyway
-- IA64 seems to fake out an empty one while powerpc checks for the
presence but never looks inside.

I think the attached patches are all that is necessary to make the new
stuff work for you but I am unable to test them[0]. If you could confirm
for me that they do the job I'll commit them.

The changesets numbers are 11235-11239. They are held in the staging
tree at the moment but should propagate to the public tree once they
have passed regression testing.

Thanks,
Ian.

[0] ia64 doesn't build for me and cross-tool can't even produce a
powerpc compiler on my system :-(