Re: [Xen-devel] How can I test / use XML-RPC interface in Xen ...

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:51:04PM +0200, Sébastien CRAMATTE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I test / use XML-RPC  interface in Xen ...
>
> I've developed and Xforms engine that allow to manipulate Xml datas on
> the fly.
> I would like to test my engine with Xen ...

The xm application is a client that talks to Xend using XML-RPC, so if you
want to try out XML-RPC transformations, just interpose in that communication.

There is actually an ongoing project to define a new XML-RPC API for Xen
management.  Development and design of that API is ongoing -- there's a
document, and C bindings, and a server with a few stubs.  There's no actual
working code just yet, but it's on the way.  If you are interested, check out
the Xen-API wiki page, and maybe sign up to the Xen-API mailing list too.

The new API work will drop into the xen-unstable tree once Xen 3.0.3 is
released (a couple of weeks yet).  Until then, you can either work with the
stub server and the C bindings if you are interested in the new API, or if you
are after a fully-functional system, then you could work with the old API
using the current Xend and xm.

HTH,

Ewan.