Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64 machine_to_phys vs NX bit

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 25/8/06 3:46 pm, "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree, and I'm wondering why we don't have the same problem on i386?
To me it basically does the same thing.

A long is only 32 bits there, so when we pass the MFN portion the NX bit is
conveniently truncated away!

Which means it'll do the wrong thing for machine addresses > 4GB
on PAE, or am I overlooking something?

--
What is important?  What you want to be true, or what is true?