Re: [Xen-devel] pciback error - what does it mean?

Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 28/8/06 9:26 pm, "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I'm still playing around with xen-3.0.2-3 and the pciback.hide
>>> option. Currently I'm trying to give the guest a pcmcia-to-pci card
>>> with a prism54 wlan card in the slot. When starting the guest the
>>> following message apears in the bootlog:

>>> pciback 0000:02:09.0: can't export pci devices that don't have a
>>> normal (0) or bridge (1) header type!
>>
>> Cardbus bridges have a "2" in this field. No idea what will happen if
>> you disable this test in pciback, but it's worth a go...
>
> It'll almost certainly just work. I'm not sure a test on device type is
> really necessary.

Just disable the test will lead to trouble in function
pciback_config_header_add_fields
(.../xen/pciback/conf_space_header.c). There are two structures called
header_0 and header_1 that are used by pciback_config_add_fields. So
someone decided to not implement header_2 - maybe there was a reason
for the decision...

  Stefan