RE: [Xen-devel] X11 on domU

> It results in a leap forward, but still falls short :)
> I did need the VGA BIOS (0x277FFF) which results in
> X starting up(ish) but displaying a black screen with
> a white square near the middle, then stalling.
> A ctrl-C in the starting terminal causes X to exit,
> with the error:

This is pretty weird. I wander if its relying on an interrupt that isn't
getting plumbed through? Is there any mention of an interrupt in the X
startup logs? Please could you post these.

[In fact, how does the X server get hold an interrupt from user space
(hence enabling it to block)? ]

Does the i810 driver cause any nasty kernel modules to be loaded such as
agpgart or something? The domU would need to be given access rights to
the GART, but I can't immediately think why it wouldn't work. Obviously,
the GART couldn't be shared between domU's.

One other option might be to try and use the fbdev driver in the kernel
(and X's fbdev module) rather than X's i810 driver.

Thanks,
Ian