Re: [Xen-devel] [NET] back: Copy tx_ring data before verification

On 11/10/06 10:46, "Herbert Xu" <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch fixes a potential security problem should the
> frontend attempt to change the tx_ring entries under us.
>
> [NET] back: Copy tx_ring data before verification
>
> We need to make a copy of data from tx_ring before
> verifying them as otherwise what we end up using may
> be different from what was verified.

I would very much like to take this patch, but right now it does not work!

# scp bigfile remotehost:/tmp/.
Disconnecting: Bad packet length 1349676916.
Write failed: Connection reset by peer
lost connection

This is with your patch applied on xen-unstable 11748:af1aa35265eb. The scp
is happening from a PV guest running Centos4 and no special networking
options (e.g., *not* using the rx-copy path, although the bug is
reproducible either way). TSO etc are all enabled (since they are defaults).

 -- Keir