[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] "xs_read(): uuid get error" of qemu-dm

On 7/11/06 3:46 am, "Masami Watanabe" <masami.watanabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> - The change of the call order of vm.initDomain() and vm.storeVmDetails()
>   in create()@XendDomainInfo.py.
>   It looks safe. Isn't there problem ?
>   I tried this. Still, the error sometimes occurs.

I'm not sure. Does this change the ordering of the writeVM versus creation
of the qemu-dm process?

> - writeVm() should guarantee the completion of writing of xenstore.
>   Is it possible ?

You mean storeVm? Yes, it should complete synchronously, unless it's part of
larger transaction in which case it completes synchronously when the
transaction commits (if the transaction commits successfully). Writes aren't
buffered or delayed apart from as part of a transaction.

 -- Keir