Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] [IA64] fix xencomm_handle_is_null().

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:08:19AM -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 09:55 -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> >
> > I think I'm missing something. Why did IA64 fork xencomm?
> >
> > I distinctly remember having conversations about sharing the code, which
> > is obviously the right thing to do.
>
>    Because Tristan believed the resulting amount of shared code would
> actually be very small (1 file) and we wanted to get his work into the
> tree before he left Bull.  We can still work to share as much as
> possible even with the code split.  Thanks,
Indeed.  Only asm/guest_access.h can be easily shared.  Feel free to do it.

For the other files, sharing can't be easily done.  We have slightly changed
the interface (we now have 3 ways: inline, mini and area).  Furthermore
the translators are not very stable: bugs have been fixed recently.

Tristan.