RE: [Xen-devel] pxe support

> At 10:38 +0100 on 18 Jan (1169116728), Sven Oehme wrote:
> > ok, that explains why it is not working with my PV guest.
> > are there plans to add this function to PV guests as well
>
> I don't know if anyone is working on it.  It shouldn't be too hard to
> put together some DHCP and TFTP clients to fake it out.
> Jacob Gorm Hansen's got a project to do some in-domain bootloading for
> PV guests, which might do what you need:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-01/msg00134.html

There's also Gerd's domU kexec work.

I'd really like to see domU PV PXE boot support to complement the HVM
support. The easiest way might just be to hack something together in
dom0, though. 'tftpc' can be used to fetch the kernels. The easiest dhcp
client to use is probably udhcp. I'd probably hack it to take a MAC
address on the command line, and then exit after getting a response (or
timing out). We should be able to run udhcp against the guests's vif, or
possibly the bridge its connected to.

It would be excellent if someone could work on this and try and get a
patch into 3.0.5.

Thanks,
Ian