Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus_backend_client.c / xenbus_client.c merger

On 19/2/07 16:08, "Kieran Mansley" <kmansley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's host memory in dom0 which is also passed to our virtualisable
> network interface cards.  The reason it's allocated by the backend in
> dom0 rather than using the model above is that we need to be able to
> allocate two physically contiguous pages, and I this would be tricky
> from domU.  If you know of a way of doing this, that would be an
> excellent alternative to needing to use the xenbus_backend_client code
> in the frontend.

Okay, if we go this way then the functions probably need to be given more
general names (since they are not used just for descriptor rings any more)
and also will you not need them to generalise to accepting more than one
grant reference (since you want to map two grant references into a two-page
vm area)?

 -- Keir