Re: [Xen-devel] drm

>>> "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> 27.02.07 10:45 >>>
>While I see that the example kernel configs have drm generally enabled
>(obviously except for the xenU ones, though I'm a little surprised ia64's
>has this on), looking at the sources makes me wonder if this (specifically
>the interaction with AGP) has really been tested. There's a very
>suspicious use of pte_pfn() in there (this is what actually caught my
>attention the other day when doing something entirely unrelated), two
>__va() instances that appear to take bus addresses as input, and two
>questionable virt_to_phys() ones.

Digging further into this it seems that no x86 capable driver would
currently be affected, and I know too little about the ppc/ia64 ports
to be able to tell whether they could suffer from problems here (there
are AGP drivers for these platforms that set cant_use_aperture, and
that is what - afaict - triggers use of the possibly problematic code
sequences).

Jan