[Xen-devel] USB (virtualiation?) in PV and HVM

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Emre Erenoglu" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:15:51 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:14:53 -0800

Dear Developers,

Another question and another pardon for getting your valuable development time.

I want to assign specific USB ports to Specific DomU's in my Xen
Setup. Am I able to do it in:
- HVM domains (i.e. Windows)?
- in PV domains (i.e. linux running a xen domu kernel)?

So that I can share my 8 USB ports to different domains.

Is there any documentation? I checked xensource, mail lists etc. but
maybe didn't search the right way and couldn't find anything to put
inside the domain configuration files to enable this function.

I remember seeing somewhere (maybe mailing lists) about this
functionality and config like:
usb:x:y:z:t
to assign to a specific domain, but can't find it anymore... I also
remember that it will be even possible to assign "specific devices" to
specific domains regardless of the port (but this i don't need for the
moment).

Thanks alot beforehand for any link to a document to read,

Best regards,

Emre