Re: [Xen-devel] LTTng-Xen Buffer shared between the hypervisor and a dom0 process

On 8/3/07 19:30, "Mathieu Desnoyers" <compudj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> lttctl-xen -r (finalize buffers, signal lttd-xen, decrement refcount)
> (lttd-xen : writes the last subbuffers. decrement refcount, ressources are
> freed)
>
> If no lttd-xen is mapping the buffers, we simply free then upon
> lttctl-xen -r.

Okay, I get you. But what should happen if someone *is* mapping the buffers
when lttctl-xen -r is invoked? Is that an error condition, or is the
implementation supposed to reap the buffers 'as soon as possible' (i.e.,
when the last mapping goes away)?

Actually I think we can support either way, although the former will work
right now and the latter will need a bit of extra support added into Xen.

 -- Keir