RE: [Xen-devel] Question about reserving one CPU for the Xen hypervisor in case of vm exit.

  • To: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:13:12 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:12:34 -0700

That will leave you with one CPU sitting there doing absolutely nothing,
as the VMEXIT handling is all done on the CPU that causes the VMEXIT in
the first place.

The same applies for hypercalls from the PV side. They all happen on the
same CPU that the guest is running on.

It's a good idea to allow Dom0 to have it's own CPU, but beyond that,
you're better off sharing the three CPU's between your two guests in one
way or another - obviously, you can't give one and a half CPU to a
guest, so you probably will have to give both guests two CPU's to make
efficient use of the system. Or give one CPU to one guest and two to the
other guest.

--
Mats